FanimeCon Presents: The 2014 Black and White Ball Dress Code*
*This is the 2014 Dress code and is subject to change for 2015
Please note: The Dress Code will be strictly enforced – we will be denying entry to individuals wearing inappropriate attire.
We will also be asking individuals who disobey the dress code after entry to leave the event.
The dress code for the Black and White Ball is formal.
For more details as to what formal attire entails, please follow the guidelines in the dress code below.
Cosplay and crossplay are allowed, so long as the attire fits within the following guidelines.
If you have any specific questions relating to the dress code or would like to know whether or not the outfit you’re planning to wear is appropriate, please email us at email@example.com or at the FanimeCon forums: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19101
|Dresses / Skirts||
Please note: Soles that are likely to leave a mark (typically, soft rubber soles) are not allowed.
We strongly recommend opting for hard plastic, leather, or suede soles to avoid the risk of being turned away.
Don’t have something that fits within the dress code?
Can’t find anything to wear?
Want to donate any old formal wear to help out a good cause?
Head on over to Idris’s Closet in the in the Marriott’s Willow Glen III to find whatever you need at an affordable price!
All proceeds will go to the Make A Wish Foundation.
Things to Remember:
- Coat Check: Sorry, we won’t be offering a coat check. Please keep your personal belongings close by and avoid bringing too much with you, as the dance hall often reaches full capacity during the ball. FanimeCon is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Dance Etiquette: Please be courteous and respectful to others. If you want to decline a dance, please do so politely. There are also no restrictions on who can do the asking when it comes to requesting a dance!
- Dance Lessons: The Black & White Ball staff will be providing group dance lessons and private dance lessons every day up until the ball during FanimeCon. (More details on the lesson schedule and private lessons will be available when the lesson schedule is officially posted.) If you want a sneak peek of the steps that’ll be taught at the lessons or just want to refresh your memory before the ball, we’ve got videos of our instructors demonstrating steps for all the dances on FanimeCon’s Youtube channel!
- Line of Dance: Since there will be others dancing on the floor with you, please be respectfully aware of other dancers. For traveling dances (waltz, tango, foxtrot), please travel in a counter-clockwise direction (line of dance). More experienced dancers should generally dance on the outer edge of the floor while more inexperienced dancers should dance closer to the center of the floor. If you choose to do a stationary dance (such as swing) during a line-of-dance song (such as foxtrot), you MUST dance in the center of the floor. Please help us prevent collisions!
- Music: The playlist will be finalized before the ball, so no requests for songs will be taken during the event. If you’d like to suggest a song, please head over to the forums: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18887.0.html
- Personal Hygiene: Since you’ll be in close contact with many people, please freshen up before coming to the ball. Breath mints are also appreciated!
- Photography: Make FanimeCon’s Black and White Ball 2014 a night to remember! We will have a professional photographer at the Black and White Ball. Come by the photo area and have your picture taken on a green screen with your choice of background. Prints start at $5 each. You will receive your prints the night of the event. Portraits provided by Mynessa Photography.
Shoes: Please wear appropriate and comfortable shoes!
(See the dress-code chart above for tips/guidance.) Your feet will thank you by the end of the night. Dancing barefoot is not allowed.
- Stay Hydrated: Since dancing is an intense activity, please keep aware of your own health! In particular, remember to drink lots of water — we’ll be providing lots of it during the ball.