Extremely Hard Anime Quiz
WIN A PLAYSTATION 4 AT THE EXTREMELY HARD TAKE-HOME ANIME QUIZ! This is a multiple-choice, open-book, take-home quiz that begins on this site three weeks before the convention. You can look up anything you want to get the answer. The questions are so hard that you probably will not know any of the answers from memory. Instead, you will need to do research into the real world of such topics as art, geography, history, literature, music and science. Hopefully, this will give you a better appreciation of what goes on in anime and some of the hidden meanings behind the material.
Quiz below. Read the rules first!
- You may begin as soon as you receive the quiz.
- You must turn this quiz in to the panelist before or between 11:00 p.m. and midnight on Saturday, May 28, 2016 in the Fairmont Atherton Room.
- You must print your real name and badge number on your entry.
- Mailed entries do not require a badge number.
- Mailed entries must be received by Friday, May 20, 2016 at:
Extremely Hard Anime Quiz
P.O. Box 78690
Seattle, WA 98178-0690
- This quiz consists of fifty multiple-choice questions.
- All questions have only one correct answer.
- Some questions may have no answers that are precisely correct in which case you are to circle the best (most correct) answer.
- This quiz is open book and open notes. Participants may use any resources to answer the questions, including each other.
- Unless otherwise noted in the question, if there is a difference between the English dubbed version and the subtitled version, the subtitled version shall prevail.
- Selected answers must be circled. Xs, obliterations and overstrikes will be considered answers that the participant has rejected.
- You are encouraged to show your thought process, such as by crossing out wrong answers and writing why you think your answer is correct. This can help you convince the panelist that you are correct should we find some unclear element in the question.
- Answers must be in black. Markings of any other color may disqualify your entry.
- There will be a panel from 08:00 p.m. to 09:00 p.m. on Friday, May 27, 2016, in the Fairmont California/Valley Room where people can ask questions about the quiz. This panel will not provide answers to the questions on the quiz. If you are feeling confident, you may skip this session or turn in your quiz at this time.
- There will be a panel from 08:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Sunday May 29, 2016, in the Fairmont California/Valley Room to discuss answers and if possible, announce the winners.
- If no clear winner is found by the time of the panel on Sunday, May 29, 2016, the panel will begin with a tiebreaker session and continue as such until a winner is found.
- You must be present on Sunday’s panel to win.
- In the event of several scores being tied, the test received earliest will be considered the highest score among the group of equal scores.
- The panelist will evaluate all answers for correctness.
- The word of the panelist is final in determining the correctness of all answers.
- The panelist reserves the right to add, delete or modify the rules as finds necessary.
- FanimeCon staffers that have seen the questions prior to May 6, 2016 and relatives of the panelist are not eligible for prizes.
- You may use any source of information to arrive at your answer but you are responsible for understanding your answer. Should you answer correctly, you may be called upon to explain your reasoning to everyone at the panel (see Rule 12).