2018 Black & White Ball Dress Code
Please note: The Dress Code will be strictly enforced – we will be denying entry to individuals wearing inappropriate attire. Individuals who repeatedly disobey the dress code after entry will be asked to leave the event.
The dress code for the Black and White Ball is formal.
For more details as to what formal attire entails, please follow the guidelines in the dress code below. Cosplay and crossplay are allowed as long as the attire fits within the listed guidelines.
- Button-up long-sleeve shirts
- Dress jackets, evening jackets, suit jackets
- Button-up short-sleeved shirts
- Tank tops
- Muscle shirts
- Tube tops
- Crop tops
- Ripped shirts
- Not wearing a shirt
- Dress pants
- Khakis, chinos
- Leggings worn under appropriate dresses/skirts
- Jeans/denim of any kind
- Shorts and cutoffs
- Ripped pants
- Athletic pants
- Leggings not worn under appropriate dresses/skirts
|Dresses / Skirts
- Evening gowns
- Opaque (not see-through) dresses or skirts that extend to the top of the knee cap at its highest point (including slits/asymmetrical hems)
- Cosplay and Lolita dresses that do not meet the regular dress code guideline
- Dresses/skirts that are higher than the top of the knee cap (including slits/asymmetrical hems)
- Dresses/skirts that are see-through above the top of the knee cap (including asymmetrical hems and lining)
- Formal Cosplay and Lolita are allowed
- Dress/skirt length may extend to two inches above the kneecap at its highest
point. If your dress/skirt is higher than the knee, they must have…
- Opaque (not see-through) tights
- Opaque (not see-through) socks that cover visible skin not covered by the dress/skirt
- Non-formal Cosplay
- Cosplay that has elements that are not allowed in other sections (tops/bottoms/shoes/accessories)
- Dresses/skirts that are higher than two inches above the knee at its highest point
- Dresses/skirts that do not have shorts or tights underneath
- Formal hats
- Dress shoes
- Ballroom dance shoes
- Dress boots
- Clean, solid shoes with no visible logos
- Character shoes
- Formal sandals with straps to secure the heel
- If your shoes have heels/platform of any kind, they must have…
- Heels that are 4 inches high or lower, including any platform
- Heels that are at least the size of a nickel in diameter at the tip, or larger
- Shoes with large, visible logos (ie. Nike “swoosh”)
- Sneakers, tennis shoes
- Sandals without straps on the heel
- Flip flops
- Bare feet
- If your shoes have heels/platform of any kind, they cannot have…
- Heels over 4 inches, including any platform
- Stiletto heels (narrow-tipped heels that are less than a nickel in diameter at the tip)
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the dress code, please email us at email@example.com.
Don’t have something that fits within the dress code? Can’t find anything to wear? Want to donate any old formal wear to help out a good cause?
Head on over to Idris’s Closet to find whatever you may need at an affordable price!
All proceeds will go to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.