J-Fashion Trunk Show Information
Please read all the information here.
We adjust our policies every year, so we encourage both new and returning designers to review the information listed below.
2023 Trunk Show Vendor Application
Deadline to apply: Saturday, April 15th
What is the J-Fashion Trunk Show?
The J-Fashion Trunk Show is a vending hall located at the Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown specializing in the sales of J-Fashion garments and accessories that will be open for all four days of the convention.
Who is eligible to sell at the Trunk Show?
All J-Fashion clothing or accessory designers, as well as any J-Fashion select shops may apply to participate in the Trunk Show.
Preference will be given to brands that have been selected to participate in the fashion show. Non-fashion show participants are still welcome to apply to vend at the trunk show.
All Trunk Show vendors must:
- 18 years of age before May 26, 2023.
- Be able to make the table fee payment using PayPal
- Be able to obtain a valid California Seller’s Permit if vending in-person
- Attend all four days of the convention
- Be the individual listed on the account
What is the price for a 2023 Trunk Show table?
The following options are available for Trunk Show vendors:
- Accessory Table: one 6′ x 2′ table with no additional rack space ($150)
- Trunk Show Booth: 10′ x 10′ booth space with one 6′ x 2′ table and garment rack ($400)
Payments will be handled only after vendors have been selected
If I am interested in participating in both the Fashion Show and Trunk Show, do I have to apply to both?
Yes, please fill out the application forms for the Fashion Show and Trunk Show separately.
What criteria does the jury judge on?
All designers or vendors will need to send a portfolio of images of their previous works, as well as a link to their webstore. The J-Fashion Department will jury the applications based on the following criteria:
- Craftsmanship and quality of work
- Design aesthetic
- Relevance to J-Fashion
- Sales experience and history
Please note that preference will be given to brands participating in the fashion show. However, we will be setting quotas to ensure that garment designers, accessory designers, and J-Fashion retailers all have the opportunity to sell in the Trunk Show.
Please allow for around two weeks for the jury review process – we will contact all applicants by email with further information.
Do I have to attend the convention in-person in order to participate in the Trunk Show?
All applicants must attend the convention in-person in order to sell in the Trunk Show. If you cannot attend the convention in-person, we can put you in contact with 3rd-party consignment sellers who will be present at the Trunk Show. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
All vendors must obtain a California seller’s permit, which can be obtained from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Website. Please adhere to the rules below when applying for a permit. Each vendor must have a hard copy of their sellers permit on-site. While selling at the convention you can be asked to produce your permit for the State Board of Equalization at any time. Not doing so will result in immediate action both by the State and by the convention.
- Do NOT use FanimeCon email addresses on your Seller’s Permit.
- Vendors must provide a valid Permanent/Temporary Seller’s Permit issued by the State of California.
- Temporary Permits must be valid for all of the Event Dates regardless of how many days you plan to attend, and Event Space (Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown) – which must be listed visibly on the Permit.
- Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown must be listed as a sub-location on permanent Seller’s Permits.
If you do not submit your seller’s permit by the deadline, you will not be able to sell. If you are using a permanent sellers permit, your name must be the primary name on the permit.
282 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA 95113
May 26th – 29th, 2023
Is the convention badge included in the table price?
No, the costs are separate. Each vendor will need to purchase a convention badge for the weekend, in addition to the table fee.
Can I sell in the Trunk Show if I am already participating in Artist Alley or Dealers Hall?
No, vendors may not participate in the Trunk Show if they have already been selected to participate in Artist Alley or Dealer’s Hall.
Do I have to pay for the weekend badge before I find out if I have a Trunk Show table?
No. You are not required to purchase a badge before you find out if you are selected for a Trunk Show Table. If you are selected, you will be required to purchase a full weekend badge.
Can I give my table to someone else?
No. Tables are non-transferable. You will not be able to transfer your table to a designated person or vendor.
If I cannot attend the convention, what can I do?
If you are unable to come to the convention, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing the J-Fashion Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation deadline is May 7, 2023. If you cancel after May 7, 2023, no refund will be issued for the table fee.
Refunds for the table fee only (does not include any badge registration costs) shall be issued within 90 days after May 31, 2023.
We also wanted to reiterate some of the most important rules of the convention, as to avoid any conflict that may arise. Please understand that any infraction of these rules will put your table at risk for this and future Trunk Show attendance.
Trunk Show vendors may NOT offer or sell the following:
- Reproductions of any existing licensed merchandise (i.e. plushies, buttons, stickers, shirts, or hats that are similar to or exact replicas of licensed merchandise), logos (i.e. buttons, keychains, vinyl stickers of existing logos or designs that have a copyright), or merchandise with attached logos in any form (i.e. bags, shirts, hats with logo patches or silk-screened logos). Representatives of official licensed companies, as well as representatives of the companies themselves, may be present at the convention. As per the Trunk Show agreement, we are not liable for any legal actions pertaining to copyright infringement found at the Trunk Show.
- Any infringing or illegal work. It is the responsibility of the vendor to know if their work is illegal or infringing.
- Unlawful material, balloons, and any form of gambling are not permitted under any circumstances at the Trunk Show.
- Securing any construction directly to the Hyatt Place equipment such as tables, chairs, and walls is prohibited. Tension-based clamps such as these are permitted as long as they do not damage the table.
- Vendor’s set-ups and displays must not interfere with neighboring tables to either side or behind the table, and may not protrude outside of the confines of the table top. This includes backward facing displays.
- Set-ups or displays may not be taller than six (6) feet above the top of the provided table, may not block or extend in any way into aisles, and must be stable and not pose a hazard.
- Floor mounted displays are not allowed.
- Freestanding displays behind the table are not allowed.
- Do not use the Event Space tables or chairs as step ladders or scaffolding.
- Trunk Show does not provide tools or equipment.
- Tables and chairs may not be moved from the assigned space. There are only two chairs allowed per table, and at most two people may be behind a table at any one time.
- Power drops are not available in the Trunk Show. Using an extension cord, or similar, to bring power to your table from any outlets in the room is a violation of the rules.
Trunk Show hours of operation:
- Friday: 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Monday: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Trunk Show room will be open for an hour before and after the hours of operation for setup and take-down each night.
If you have any further questions please contact us at email@example.com