It’s Day One and a magical spell is being cast over Downtown San Jose. Slowly the cosplayers creep out from the woodwork and walk the halls, filling the Convention Center with glamours and illusions.
Warriors congregate to battle digital monsters in the Gaming Hall. A market of interesting ancient tomes and items fills up the South Hall so travelers can complete their quests.
As the witches and wizards running this magnificent annual event scramble to put the final touches on this spell-binding extravaganza, here are a few tips to help you navigate this fun fair of nerdy delights!
- Stock up on delicious potions and edible notions to keep hydrated and energized.
- Bathe daily in the enchanted waters of the nearest shower or tub to feel the powers of rejuvenation.
- Cast a sweet-smelling spell using a deodorant wand to attract new friends.
- Carefully read the program and pocket guides to get acquainted with the Code of Conduct and more.
- Those who need to refresh their glamours may find solace in the Cosplay Hangout in SJCC room 210B/F.
- Weary souls can relieve sore shoulders by taking advantage of Fan Storage in the Hilton Market Room.
- Comfortable shoes are a must for those pounding pavement around our Dealer’s Hall esplanade.
- Those who wish to level up their varied skills can find challenges and lessons in places like the Dojo, the Marriott Ballroom, or at one of the many panels.
- Academics may further their studies at the Manga Lounge in the Fairmont Sacramento Room.
- Remember to get a good night’s sleep so as to not miss out on any of the magic!
Staff in all the many departments of FanimeCon have worked extra hard to make this con great for you. Come join us as we pull back the curtain and show you all the magic that’s inside!