Black & White Ball Dress Code
Please note: The Dress Code will be strictly enforced – we will be denying entry to individuals wearing inappropriate attire. Individuals who repeatedly disobey the dress code after entry will be asked to leave the event.
The dress code for the Black and White Ball is formal.
Cosplay and lolita are allowed, as long as the attire fits within the guidelines listed below.
As stated in the FanimeCon Code of Conduct, face masks will be required.
Please note: There will be a coat check available outside of the ballroom. Please store your valuables (large bags, props, etc.) in a safe location before coming to the Black & White Ball. Please see Fan Storage for more information.
- Button-up long-sleeve shirts
- Button-up short-sleeve shirts
- Dress jackets, evening jackets, suit jackets
- Button-up short-sleeved shirts
- Tank tops
- Muscle shirts
- Tube tops
- Crop tops
- Ripped shirts
- Not wearing a shirt
- Dress pants
- Khakis, chinos
- Leggings worn under appropriate dresses/skirts
- Lolita ouji-style formal shorts that meet the dress/skirt length requirement
- Jeans/denim of any kind
- Shorts and cutoffs
- Ripped pants
- Athletic pants
- Leggings not worn under appropriate dresses/skirts
|Dresses / Skirts
- Evening gowns
- Dresses/skirts that reach the top of the knee cap
- Dresses/skirts with a sheer (see-through) layer that reaches to the top of the knee must also have an opaque (not see-through) layer that extends to fingertip length (at minimum)
- Dresses/skirts that are higher than the top of the knee cap
- Dresses/skirts with a sheer (see-through) layer that reaches to the top of the knee but does not have an opaque (not see-through) layer that extends to fingertip length (at minimum)
- Formal hats
- Weapon props
- Accessories with excessive dangling objects
- Dress shoes
- Ballroom-dance shoes
- Dress boots
- Clean shoes with no visible logos
- Character shoes
- Formal sandals with straps to secure the heel
- If your shoes have heels/platform of any kind, they must be…
- Heels that are 4″ or lower (including any platforms)
- Heels that are the size of/larger than a nickel in diameter at the tip
- Shoes with large, visible logos (ie. Nike “swoosh”)
- Athletic sneakers/tennis shoes
- Flip flops
- Bare feet
- If your shoes have heels/platform of any kind, they cannot be…
- Heels over 4″ (including any platform)
- Stiletto heels (narrow-tipped heels that are less than a nickel in diameter at the tip)
If you have any medical issues that may affect your ability to follow the dress code, please contact the Black & White Ball staff.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the dress code, please email us at email@example.com.
Don’t have something that fits within the dress code? Can’t find anything to wear? Want to donate any old formal wear to help out a good cause?
Head on over to Idris’s Closet to find whatever you may need at an affordable price!
All proceeds will go to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.