Need to clear out some garage space? Have DVDs, games, or other things that you are never going to revisit? Got anime merchandise you don’t want anymore? Be sure to sign up to sell at the Swap Meet and make some money on your old stuff! If you are looking to buy, Swap Meet sellers often have great deals and unexpected bargains on things you never knew you were looking for.
Sign ups for Swap Meet are now open! See the Swap Meet Registration page for more information. If you have any questions regarding Swap Meet registration, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the FanimeCon Forums where Swap Meet staff or fellow attendees can answer.
Swap Meet Rules
Here are the rules and regulations for both selling at and buying at Swap Meet this year:
- Official stores and dealers, as well as their employees, are prohibited from selling at the Swap Meet. Individuals with Guest of Honor or Dealers badge are prohibited from selling at the Swap Meet. Individuals with a professional (Press/Industry) badge may sell at Swap Meet, but may only sell personal items and nothing provided by or related to their employer.
- If your sale items differ from what you declare when applying for a Swap Meet space you will forfeit your spot to a member on the Wait List.
- A maximum of 1 long box (L 27.25 x W 7.5 x H 10.8) of adult material is permitted, and it must be covered with an opaque lid and clearly marked indicating the contents. The seller must verify government-issued IDs of all customers to ensure they are 18 years of age or older before they are allowed to look at adult materials. The sale of adult goods to minors is prohibited.
- You may only register for one space per day, and a maximum of two people may share a space. Both people in the space must be registered for that space. You may not have someone else register an additional space for you.
- You or your partner must be present in your registered space the entire duration of the Swap Meet, or until you have decided to close up for the evening. In the event that a space is vacated for the evening it is not to be occupied and must remain empty. You may not vacate a space to allow another seller to sell there. You must have all of your items with you when you check in, and you will not be permitted to bring in additional goods after you have been escorted to your space at the Swap Meet.
- Shelving, clothing racks, tables, and anything which might block or obscure the view of other vendors, buyers, security, or staff, is strictly prohibited. Taping or pinning items to the walls is strictly prohibited. Unlicensed, bootleg, or counterfeit goods are prohibited (e.g. SM, Everanime, Aliors, Elfin, fansubs, etc). No amplified sound will be permitted.
- The sale of all real weapons and explosives are prohibited. This includes but is not limited to all projectile weapons (such as airsoft or bb/pellet guns, bows, crossbows, and firearms), live steel, metal/wooden baseball bats, metal kunai, incendiary devices, lasers, laser pointers, paddles, whips, floggers, brass knuckles, butterfly knives, concealed blades, throwing stars, tonfa, saps, clubs, nunchaku, sai, tessen, jitte, and metal or glass props. Additionally, any prop weapons which are suitably realistic enough that they could be mistaken for a real weapon are also prohibited.
- Cosplay items are limited to used clothing goods (ie. Cospa brand) cosplay weapons and wigs. Crafted accessory items (ie. Jewelry) are subject to Swap Meet staff approval.
- Swap Meet staff has the final approval on all goods allowed at the Swap Meet, and that all items will be reviewed before they are brought into the Swap Meet.
Swap Meet spaces may be assigned at random, and Swap Meet staff cannot make any guarantee that sellers can be placed next to other specified sellers.
- Swap meet sellers may request a refund if they decide they do not wish to sell. The last day refunds can be requested is Monday, May 17, 2019. Any refund requested after that will only be granted at the discretion of FanimeCon staff and only in unusual circumstances. Refunds shall be issued within 90 days after May 27, 2019. Do not reverse a payment on your own.
- Violation of these rules or otherwise causing a disturbance is grounds for removal as a participant from the Swap Meet and may result in a ban from future Swap Meet participation.
- Any questions regarding the interpretation of the rules are subject to discretion of Swap Meet and Fanime Con staff.