Code of Conduct
FanimeCon is committed to providing a safe environment for our attendees and staff. The Code of Conduct outlined below details the expected behavior our attendees and staff must adhere to. By attending FanimeCon, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
FanimeCon badges are the physical representation of the ticket that attendees have purchased and are the property of FanimeCon for the duration of FanimeCon. You will need to show your badge at designated checkpoints to enter Convention Center space.
- Badges must be worn on your person, above the waist, and easily visible while in Convention Center space.
- Badges are non-transferable.
- Badges may not be duplicated or altered.
- Badges may be revoked at any time by qualified Security and FanimeCon staff members. Entry to events will be denied if a badge is revoked.
The San Jose Convention Center, Cultural Facilities, and surrounding hotels have hosted FanimeCon for many years. To promote good relations with these entities, please respect the facilities by leaving it and any equipment in the same condition as you found them.
- Keep all aisles, exits, fire safety devices, and concession stands clean, visible, and unobstructed.
- Do not affix anything to any surface, including walls, doors, panels, and columns, in the Convention Center space.
- Do not use the white courtesy phones in Convention Center space. The white phones do not provide outside telephone service; they are used only to contact emergency services or Convention Center personnel.
- Do not move or tamper with any furniture or equipment. Inform Convention Operations staff if anything should be moved or repaired.
- Do not use any electrical outlets in the Convention Center.
- Only individuals with disabilities or prior approval from Convention Operations may use transportation devices indoors.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Pets and companion animals are not allowed inside Convention Center space. FanimeCon complies with the ADA Guidelines which define a Service Animal. A Service Animal must be trained to aid a person with a disability.
The following items are prohibited. Additional items may be added to this list by FanimeCon at any time.
- Glitter, gum, confetti, and balloons.
- Smoking devices, such as cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, pipes, and bongs
- Illegal substances
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters, roller-blades, and other non-medical wheeled devices
- Drones, unmanned aerial vehicles, and other remote-control vehicles
- Laser pointers, fog machines, strobe lights, and other devices that produce disruptive sights.
- Megaphones and devices that produce disruptive noises.
- Outside food and drink may not be sold or distributed on the premises without prior permission, licenses, permits, and insurance.
- Signs that contain profanity, that are not part of a cosplay, or that solicit goods or services.
FanimeCon wants to ensure a safe and fun convention for everyone. Please utilize good judgment, be respectful, and show courtesy to everyone around you. This includes Guests of Honor, Convention Center and hotel personnel, FanimeCon staff, and fellow attendees.
- Cosplay is not consent. Do not hug, touch, or photograph anyone without receiving permission.
- Comply with the FanimeCon Props Policy. Get all props peace-bonded. Do not brandish props in a threatening manner.
- Be respectful of other attendees and staff. Treat others how you would want to be treated.
- Respect everyone’s personal space. Move carefully through the Convention Center space and maintain a flow of traffic. Be mindful of props and do not run indoors.
- Do not verbally attack, abuse, harass, or threaten anyone’s race, religion, political views, gender, orientation, age, or other protected attributes. Personal attacks and harassment are not allowed. Bigotry, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, and other forms of prejudice are not allowed.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and regulations at all times.
- No disorderly conduct such as loitering, public intoxication, indecent exposure, begging, or soliciting.
- FanimeCon is a dry convention. Alcohol, drugs, and illegal substances are prohibited in Convention Center space. Intoxication is not tolerated in Convention Center space. Do not sell or distribute alcohol to minors.
- Do not smoke or vape inside any public buildings or within 25 feet of any entrance.
- Re-sale of hotel rooms is strictly prohibited.
- Please check the FanimeCon website for the most current COVID-19 policies.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By taking part in person at FanimeCon 2022 you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
* Convention Center Space includes, but is not limited to, the San Jose Convention Center, San Jose Marriott, Hilton San Jose, Civic Auditorium, South Hall, Signia Hilton San Jose, DoubleTree San Jose, and the Idea Tree
FanimeCon reserves the right to modify the Code of Conduct at any time.