Welcome to the information page for Gaming at FanimeCon!
The Gaming Hall, located in Hall 3 of the San Jose Convention Center, returns for FanimeCon 2022 with our Arcade, eGaming (Console & PC), Gaming Stage, and Tabletop areas! However…
We are not operating 24 hours this year. 😞
Hours Of Operations:
Day 0 – 7:00 pm – 12:00 am
Day 1/2/3 – 9:00 am – 1:00 am
Day 4 – 9:00: am – 3:00 pm
5/14/2022 Gaming staffing update:
- We have completed our staff recruitment for 2022. We are accepting last minute and on-site volunteers – please send a inquiry to email@example.com
- Interested in staffing for FanimeCon 2023? Please inquire at con or after August 2022.
For events and tournaments information for this year, please check out the Arcade, eGaming, or Tabletop department links below for the listing, schedule, and details!
For the Tabletop TCG Tournament Room, please check the Tabletop website for location and event information!
Web pages to our Gaming Areas
Sponsors & Partners for Gaming
There is so much going on inside the Gaming Hall that we wouldn’t be able to accomplish this without the help from our sponsors and partners.
Digital Storm – eGaming PC Area Sponsor, providing the latest gaming PC’s!
Hidden Variable – eGaming’s Skullgirls tournament $500 prize pot bonus sponsor!
Japanime Games – Tabletop sponsor, providing board games, demos, and tournaments!
Legends Comics & Games – Tabletop’s local TCG tournament operator & prize sponsor!
Solis Game Studio – Tabletop sponsor, providing Pocket Paragons games & demos for attendees!
Game Saru – Arcade partner, providing the freeplay Japanese arcade cabinets!
MAGWest & MAGFest – eGaming’s Retro Gaming Area Partner, providing classic and retro gaming consoles for freeplay!
Pacific Mahjong League – Tabletop’s Mahjong provider and game teaching team!
SAK Gaming – eGaming Modern Console partner, providing modern consoles for freeplay and tournaments. Visiting from Arizona’s southwest gaming & FGC scene!
Interested in being one for 2023 and beyond? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation!
Gaming Hall Rules
Please follow the FanimeCon 2022 Code of Conduct, and COVID-specific rules & policies at all times in the Gaming Hall. FanimeCon reserves the right to modify the rules below at any time, in the interest of safety:
COVID Specific Rules
- Masks: This is a mask-required location, as per the 2022 Code of Conduct.
- You may remove your mask for brief moments for food bites, drinking sips, and taking medication.
- Social Distancing: Please maintain appropriate social distancing and respect the boundaries of other people.
- Please follow staff instructions in the event that line control or crowd control is needed.
- Hand Sanitizers: Fixed hand sanitizer stations will be available for all to use.
- We recommend using hand sanitizer and/or washing your hands before and after playing games.
- Please notify a staffer if a hand sanitizer station is not functional or empty.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Gaming Hall staff and equipment partners will be cleaning input devices, games, and stage microphones to the best of our staff’s abilities.
- For tabletop games, we recommend using hand sanitizer before and after, since it is difficult to use cleaning products on the delicate pieces of board games.
- eGaming: “BYOC” “Bring Your Own Controller/Joystick/Input Device,” etc.:
- Attendees may use their own controller or input devices for certain console and PC gaming stations. Please ask the eGaming front desk for more information and permission.
- The PC Gaming area has limited BYOC support, to ensure equipment stability.
- Please ask an eGaming staffer for help for “Bring Your Own” audio devices on PC’s at the PC Gaming desk.
- Any input device for tournament use may be subject to inspection by Tournament Organizers, to ensure competitive integrity.
- Room Capacity: Games Management reserves the right to limit capacity at any time to enforce safety protocols required by the venue.
- Please cooperate with our staff if we have to limit capacity.
- The Gaming Hall is a harassment-free zone. Please be a good human being!
- If you feel unsafe or need to report a problem, please flag any FanimeCon staff member and they can assist you.
- Gaming Hall staff reserve the right to ask attendees to leave the Gaming Hall due to safety concerns and/or potential Code of Conduct violations.
- This extends to our events and tournaments, in particular “unsportsmanlike” conduct. This can result in being banned from future tournaments.
- Staff reserve the right to call in security if required.
- Please do not tamper with or move any equipment, tables, or chairs.
- Please inform a Gaming Hall staffer if there is a malfunction or non-optimal gameplay on any equipment.
- Please also DO NOT attempt to fix the problem – we have qualified staff to troubleshoot problems.
- Events and Tournaments are free of charge. Sign-ups and information are located at the eGaming or Tabletop desks.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes early before any tournament for check in!
Prohibited Items & Actions
- E-cigarettes/vaping devices.
- RC vehicles and drones of all types.
- Hover or skateboards/bikes/scooters.
- ADA Compliant movement assistance items are allowed.
- Money matches/gambling type activities with real money.
- Unsafe movement or crowding actions (“Ninja,” or arcade area)
- Food and drinks at any gaming stations, with specific exceptions:
- Sealed containers are allowed.
- Coffee/Tea/Boba Tea are also allowed