We’re super excited that the FanimeCon 2022 schedule is now live! Check out all our events for 2022 at grid.fanime.com.
Due to the unique planning challenges this year, FanimeCon 2022 will not be a 24 hour event. We hope to return to our usual hours in 2023. Our modified hours are:
- Thursday May 26 (Day 0): 6:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Friday May 27 (Day 1): 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Saturday May 28 (Day 2): 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Sunday May 29 (Day 3): 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Monday May 30 (Day 4): 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Some events will not be in their usual rooms. A few events affected by this include Maid Cafe, all Panel Rooms, and Manga Lounge.
The following events or departments are sleeping for 2022, meaning they are not occurring or putting on events. We’re looking forward to their return in 2023!
- Asano Taiko USA
- Cosplay Chess
- Cosplay Workshop panels
- Fanime Music Videos (FMV)
- Fan Storage
- Fan Events
- Indie Video Games
- Meet the Guests
- MusicFest (But we still have a mini virtual MusicFest with Guest of Honor & 2.5D Musical Superstar Keisuke Ueda, who will be joining us for a virtual panel!)
- Masquerade/Cosplay Contest
- Silver Island
- Swap Meet
- Speed Painting
Please note that these events will be operating under a limited capacity:
- Info Desk (There is only one desk this year located in the SJCC near Stage Zero)
- Cosplay Gathering (All gatherings will be outdoors)
- Dance (Only one room this year in the SJCC Room 230)
- Lost & Found (Limited hours, located in ConOps at the Hilton San Carlos)
Despite these changes, we are happy to unveil a brand new department operating this 2022: J-Fashion! They will have two fashion shows, a trunk show, and lots of panels and events so please check them out!
While there are a lot of changes this year, there’s still a smorgasbord of things to see and do this year including: four panel tracks, all the events at Stage Zero, tons of exciting tournaments on our SAGE Stage, Artist Alley, Dealer’s Hall, Maid Cafe, the Black & White Ball, Karaoke, Speed Dating, our Charity Auction for the Make-A-Wish® Greater Bay Area, and so much more. This is the perfect year to try new things and make all kinds of new memories at FanimeCon 2022!
See you soon!