Dance Notices and Rules
PRIVATE EVENT NOTICE: The FanimeCon Dance is a private event hosted for the attendees of FanimeCon. An official FanimeCon badge is required for entry on days one, two, and three. Admission tickets or cover charge will not be available for purchase at the door.
CROWD PHOTO RELEASE FORM: Please be aware that by entering this area, you consent to your voice, name, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in films and tapes for use in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, and you release FanimeCon, its successors, and licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature.
PHOTOSENSITIVITY AND RISK OF SEIZURE WARNING: Performances incorporate strobe and strobe-based effects.
ATMOSPHERIC EFFECT WARNING: Performances might incorporate use of a haze machine.
WATER DISPENSER LOCATIONS: Hydration or water stations are located in Room 232.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: The dance is open to all ages, but a responsible adult should accompany children under the age of 13. After 10:00 pm, the lyrical content may not be suitable for those under 18.
Bag-Check Notification: FanimeCon wants our attendees, guests, and staff to feel comfortable and safe when attending the dance. To ensure the safety of our dance attendees and staff, backpacks and bags of any kind are subject to inspection prior to entry to the dance area. We acknowledge that this procedure can cause some inconvenience and that it is not without flaws, but we hope that these are minor in comparison so as to increase safety.
All unattended items are left at your own risk. There is no space inside the dance area considered a safe and secure space for people to store their items.
- Attendees may be subject to a precursory security check.
- Once you leave the dance event area, you will have to wait in line to re-enter.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed in the dance area. Sealed containers, even those purchased in the Dealer’s Hall, will not be allowed in. Water stations are available in Room 232.
- Cosplay is acceptable, but large props should not be used as part of a dance move.
- Physical and/or verbal harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes “taunting” in a B-Boy Circle.
- “Extreme dance moves” that may result in harm to the dancer or spectators are not allowed (i.e. headspins, flips, and backflips).
- No wagering or gambling of any kind. These events are meant to be for fun and not for competition.
- Chemical based glow products (i.e. glow sticks, necklaces, or bracelets) are not allowed in the dance, but LED-based lighting utilities are allowed as long as they do not present an immediate danger to others (i.e. LED Poi globes).
- “Laser gloves” and laser pointers are not allowed.
- During daytime Dance programming, the lights must stay on.
- During the B-BOY Hangout, spectators must give participants enough room to dance freely, whether breaking, locking, popping, etc.
- K-POP Dance Party: For choreographed dances, guests are encouraged to dance to existing choreography of K-POP songs. If you don’t know the choreography, you are still welcome to dance! Just please do not turn the event into just another “dance party”.
- Only authorized personnel are allowed on the stages.