You must adhere to the following performance rules:
- Don’t wear or use any substances that might ruin the costume of another contestant. If you are wearing body paint or make-up, make sure it will not come off in casual contact with others.
- Do not leave anything on the stage that cannot be picked up by the stage ninjas in a few seconds.
- Costumes must be self-contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
- Nothing is allowed that would be banned in a “PG-13”-rated film. Actions, dress, or mannerisms that would not be allowed on a public street or thoroughfare must be avoided. Specifically, the following must be avoided: explicit sexual gestures, nudity, and explicit swearing. Violating these rules will disqualify you and possibly result in your being escorted off the stage.
- No fire, flash powder, high power lasers, explosives or open flame of any kind will be allowed.
- Electronic flashes will be permitted, provided that you notify the Masquerade Director in advance, and it must be announced in your MC introduction to protect those who might be affected by the flashing lights.
- No stage interaction with the MC, judges or audience is allowed.
- The MC will read the name of the entry, the names of the contestants, and a short introduction.
- Any narration to be read by the MC will be limited to 35 words or less.
- There is only one acceptable exit – Stage Right.
- Jumping off the stage is not permitted.
- You cannot enter or exit the stage from any area that has not been approved by the Masquerade director or the backstage director.