2022 Dealer’s Hall FAQ
Hello, dealers! Welcome to the FanimeCon Dealer’s Hall FAQ!
We have received many questions and concerns, and we hope that the information below will help you with any issues that you may be experiencing. We will keep this page updated with the most current information concerning the Dealer’s Hall.
Our Dealer’s Hall is currently full, and any requests for FanimeCon 2022 Dealer’s Hall will go on a waiting list for any tables that may become available for 2023.
Q: What is the price for a 2023 Dealer’s Hall Booth?
A: Dealer’s Hall Prices are:
- $950 when you request between May 31 – Dec 31, 2022.
- $1,050 when you request between Jan 1 – May 25, 2023.
- $1,150 when you request during the convention.
Q: Is the convention badge included in the table price?
A: Yes. Each booth space comes with two Dealer Badges.
Q: What about electricity?
A: Yes, electricity is also included. Each booth comes with (1) 120 Volt, and a 500-watt outlet (5 Amp) power drop.
Q: Do I have to pay for the weekend badge before I find out if I have a Dealer’s Hall table?
A: No. You are not required to purchase a badge before you find out if you are selected for a Dealer’s Hall booth.
Q: What are the prices of additional badges?
A: If you would like to purchase additional badges the prices are as follows:
- Extra badges are $70 per badge until March 31.
- Starting April 1, extra badges are $90.
You may purchase up to two more Dealer Badges for each booth.
Q: How do I add an employee/helper?
A: Employees, helpers, or just an extra set of hands are often needed for some dealers. As such, you can add the names of any helpers into our registration system. If extra badges are needed, this will also be handled through our online registration. The prices are listed in the previous section.
Q: Do I need a seller’s permit?
A: Yes. A California Seller’s Permit is necessary to sell within the Dealer’s Hall. One can be obtained from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) Website. Please adhere to the rules below when applying for a permit. Each dealer must have a hard copy of their seller’s permit on site. While you are selling at the convention, you may be required to produce your permit for the CDTFA at any time. Not doing so will result in immediate action both by the state and by the convention.
- Do NOT use FanimeCon e-mail addresses on your seller’s permit.
- Dealers must provide a valid permanent/temporary seller’s permit issued by the State of California.
- Temporary permits must be valid for all of the event dates regardless of how many days you plan to attend, and all event spaces (San Jose Convention Center), which must be listed visibly on the permit.
- The San Jose Convention Center must be listed as a sub-location on your permanent seller’s permits.
If you do not submit your seller’s permit by the deadline, you will not be able to sell. If you are using a permanent seller’s permit, your name must be the primary name on the permit.
Q: Do I Need a Food Seller’s Permit?
A: If you are planning on selling food, information and a California food seller’s permit application can be obtained from the County of Santa Clara Department of Environmental Health Website.
- Fill out the food vendor application.
- Send application and payment to FanimeCon Office by April 30, 2022.
- Health Department inspectors will be onsite to inspect each dealer booth and permits will be passed out to dealers then.
If you have received your food seller’s permit, the following rules apply:
- All food and drink sales must be pre-approved by the San Jose Convention and Cultural Facilities, which is the food and beverage services group for the San Jose Convention Center.
- All food sold in the Dealer’s Hall must be factory pre-packaged and must not be packaged in glass containers.
For more information or questions regarding Temporary Events contact:
Yvonne Blanco, REHS
Senior Environmental Health Specialist
Or call (408) 918-3400 and ask to speak to Administrative Support for Temporary Events.
San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos St
San Jose, CA 95113
May 26–29, 2023
Q: Why was I not able to sell in the Dealer’s Hall this year?
A: Every year, we have a number of dealers that choose to continue selling with us and purchase a number of booths. This often leads to us selling out quickly, and not everyone is able to vend at our event. If you or your company are unable to purchase a booth at any point, you can opt to join the waitlist.
Q: What about the waitlist?
A: Please contact email@example.com to join the waitlist. You will receive additional information, such as booth and freight prices.
Please submit only ONE application to the Dealer’s Hall, as this list is saved and no one is removed. Multiple applications will be deleted. Please understand that this is a multi-year waitlist. This means that whenever a space becomes available, we will contact those that have applied previously. Individual positions on the waitlist will not be released.
Q: If I cannot attend the convention, what can I do?
A: If you are unable to attend the convention, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing Dealer’s Hall Liaisons at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds shall be issued as such:
- 90 or More Days Notice: Dealers who cancel exhibit space at least 90 days prior to the opening day of FanimeCon, will receive a full refund of payments made, less $100.00 for handling.
- 31-89 Days Notice: Dealers who cancel exhibit space less than 90 days prior to the opening day of FanimeCon ( February 25, 2023 ), but earlier than 31 days prior to the opening day of FanimeCon (April 25, 2023 ) will receive a refund of 50% of payments made.
- 30 or Fewer Days Notice. There will be no refunds for cancellations 30 days or less prior to the opening day of FanimeCon ( April 26, 2023 ).
- Refunds are issued to the dealer who made the payment.
Q: Will the San Jose Convention Center Union be there to help?
A: Union assistance will be available during the setup (Wednesday during load-in) and tear-down (Monday during load-out) processes, and will take your inventory and equipment to your table if you are unable to carry it yourself in a single trip without the use of a hand truck or cart. They will be located at the Dealer’s Hall Loading Dock.
We also want to reiterate some of the most important rules of the convention to avoid any conflict that may arise. Please understand that any infraction of these rules will put your table at risk for this and future Dealer’s Hall attendance.
Dealers may NOT offer or sell the following:
- Reproductions of any existing licensed merchandise (i.e. plushies, buttons, stickers, shirts, or hats that are similar to or exact replicas of licensed merchandise), logos (i.e. buttons, keychains, or vinyl stickers of existing logos or designs that have a copyright), or merchandise with attached logos in any form (i.e. bags, shirts, hats with logo patches or silk-screened logos). Representatives of official licensed companies as well as representatives of the companies themselves may be present at the convention. As per the Dealer’s Hall agreement, we are not liable for any legal actions pertaining to copyright infringement found in the Dealer’s Hall.
- Works of another artist, whether or not that artist is registered for the event. This is proxy selling and will not be tolerated.
- Cosplay prop items that are not already licensed in any form.
- Panels, autograph sessions, or other themed programming not previously authorized by Fan Services.
- Any infringing or illegal work. It is the responsibility of the Dealers to know if their work is illegal or infringing.
- Unlawful materials, balloons, and any form of gambling are not permitted under any circumstances in the Hall.
- Any weapon-like props must be authorized and peace bonded by staff immediately after sale. A copy of the FanimeCon Weapons Policy must be provided with every sale by the dealer. Please contact the Dealer’s Hall upon registration and request to be apprised of other restrictions that must be adhered to.
Dealer’s Hall Hours of Operation:
- Friday 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Monday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Dealer’s Hall will be open to Dealers for an hour before and after the hours of operation for setup and takedown each night.
Q: Are artists allowed to sell in the Dealer’s Hall?
A: Yes! We do accept artists that feel that they have outgrown the Artist’s Alley. We would like artists to be aware that the Dealer’s Hall operates under a different set of rules than Artist’s Alley. For those who are unfamiliar, certain companies (such as Funimation) have rules about fan art in the Dealer’s Hall. If you would like more information on the subject, please see the links listed below. As such, we do warn artists that mostly sell fan art with Funimation characters to refrain from selling any art that contains their characters.
Funimation’s Stance on Artists in Dealer’s Hall