FanimeCon 2023 – Starcraft II Ruleset
A. Tournament Rules
- Tournament Length
This tournament is Single Elimination (one total match loss).
- Set Length
All tournament sets will be best-of-one. Grand Finals and the Third Place Tiebreaker sets will be best-of-three. Rules below do not change between these two set formats.
- Set Procedure
- The players will ban maps until only one map remains. (see sections 2.2-2.4)
- The players will agree to elect one player to create the lobby. (see section 2.5)
- The players will join the lobby.
- When all players of the match are accounted for, the players will confirm with each other that they are ready to begin the match, as according to the tardiness rules. (as stated in section 1.7).
- Players begin the game.
6. Steps four through five will be repeated for Grand Finals and the Third Place Tiebreaker sets.
Stalling, or intentionally making the game unplayable, is banned. and at the discretion of tournament staff. Stalling includes but is not limited to: mutual inaction by both teams, or consistent and intentional sacrificing of one’s champion resulting in no advancement in the field of play. Stalling will result in a forfeit of the game for the player(s) or team(s) that initiated the action.
- Surrender Clause
At any time, surrendering through the user interface is available. Players who mistakenly surrender will not have the ability to replay the game. This can result in a game loss and potentially a match loss.
Warm-up periods and peripheral checks must occur prior to a match.
Players who are not present for their set by ten minutes past the scheduled start time of the round are subject to total disqualification from the event.
B. Game Rules
- Game Settings
- Platform: PC
- Spectators: Lobby Only
- Map Selection – Best-of-One
Players will flip a coin to determine which player bans a map first. Players will take turns banning maps until only one map remains.
- Map Selection – Best-of-Three
Players will flip a coin to determine which player bans first. Players will take turns banning maps until only three maps remain. Players will then take turns picking the map order, with the player who banned second picking the first map. The third map will be played last.
- Map Pool
- [ESL] Cosmic Sapphire
- [ESL] Data-C
- [ESL] Inside and Out
- [ESL] Moondance
- [ESL] Stargazers
- [ESL] Tropical Sacrifice
- [ESL] Waterfall
- Lobby Settings
- Category: Melee
- Mode: 1v1
- Game Duration: Infinite
- Game Speed: Faster
- Locked Alliances: Yes
- Game Privacy: Hide Match History
- Additional Rules
FanimeCon 2023 will use whatever patch is currently live at the time of play.
Players will use and play on their own unbanned Battle.net Account.