Skullgirls 2nd Encore Ruleset
This tournament is double-elimination (two total match losses).
All tournament sets will be best-of-five (first-to-three wins) with best-of-three (first-to-two wins) solo character rounds.
- Teams can consist of one, two, or three characters.
- The winner must keep all characters on the team, but may elect to change their starting order.
- The loser may change their characters, assist types, or team, and elect to change their starting order.
- Players will select a random stage or agree to one as stated in section 4.
- Players are allowed to use the “swap point character shortcut” (where a player holds down the corresponding assist buttons for the character they want to put on point) at any time, regardless of if they won or lost the previous rounds.
- Repeat steps one through five until the set is complete.
Stage Agreement Clause
Players may select any stage if they both agree on it. Players may not change the length/terms of a set.
When choosing a stage, any player can “soft ban” a stage on which they have visibility issues. If players can’t agree on a stage, players will choose a random selection until a non-banned stage comes up.
Double-blind Character Selection
Either player may request that a double-blind selection occur. In this situation, a pool captain, referee, or third party will be told, in secret, of each player’s character choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round characters, with the pool captain, referee, or other third party validating the character selections.
Pausing and the Home Button
Pausing once the game has started, either with the pause button or the PS4 home button, is only legal for the purpose of summoning a Tournament Official, or in cases of controller malfunction, external interference, or at the discretion of Tournament Officials. All other pauses will incur a round loss to the player who pauses the game, or a game loss, if the round results in a decisive win.
Warm-up periods, button checks, and “handwarmers” may not exceed 60 seconds on the game clock. Violation of this rule may result in a game loss at the discretion of the Tournament Official.
Anyone who is not present for their set10 minutes past the scheduled start time of the tournament round is subject to a total disqualification from the event.
- Platform: Playstation 4
- Default Settings
- Round Time Limit: 99 seconds
- Mutually agreed upon stage or Random Stage Select.
FanimeCon 2022 will use the Annie Release Update or whichever patch is live at 11:59 pm PST on Wednesday May 25th, 2022.