Windjammers 2 Ruleset
This tournament is double-elimination.
All tournament sets will be best-of-three, until Top Three at which point tournament sets will be best-of-five. Rules below do not change between these two set formats.
- Players select their characters. Either player may elect to do Double-blind Character Selection (see section 4)
- Random Court for Game One.
- The players play the first game of the set.
- The winning player of the preceding game must keep their character selection for the next game.
- The losing player of the preceding game may switch their character selection and court for the next game.
- The next game is played.
- Repeat steps four through six for all subsequent games until the tournament set is complete.
Double-blind Character Selection
Either player may request that a double-blind selection occur. In this situation, a pool captain, referee or third party will be told, in secret, of each player’s character choice for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the selected person validating the character selection.
Pausing and the Home Button
Pause setting is to be set to off. However, if it is not, pausing is only legal while no player has earned any points, and only for the purpose of summoning a Tournament Official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a game loss to the player who pauses the game. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their last game, the pausing player receives a game loss. This rule also applies to controllers which cause the game to revert to the Switch home screen.
Stalling, or intentionally making the game unplayable, is banned and at the discretion of Tournament Officials. Stalling includes but is not limited to holding the frisbie for an extended period of time without throwing it. Stalling will result in a forfeit of the game for the player that initiated the action.
Warm-up periods, button checks, and “handwarmers” may not exceed 60 seconds on the game clock. Violation of this rule may result in a game loss at the discretion of the Tournament Official.
Anyone who is not present for their set by ten minutes past the scheduled start time of the round is subject to a total disqualification from the event.
- Platform: Nintendo Switch
- Mode: Versus – Versus Player
- Set Time: 90 seconds
- Set Points: 15 points
- Winning Sets: 2
FanimeCon 2022 will use whichever patch is currently live at 11:59 pm PST on Wednesday May 25th, 2022.