FMV Competition Rules
- AMVs must be at least 30 seconds long, and no longer than six minutes.
- Up to four entries per person/group; only one video per category allowed.
- No official subtitles, TV broadcast watermarks or other forms of watermarks.
- No personal identifiers of any kind in all categories EXCEPT Trailer. This includes bumpers, titles, logos, credits, editor-made watermarks, or editor names within the video. If your video violates this rule, you will be contacted to make changes, if time allows.
- No AMV Hell-style shorts compilation videos allowed.
- Videos that have been previously submitted to a FanimeCon AMV competition will not be accepted.
- Video must have publicly premiered after July 1, 2020. If you made your video before the cut-off but have not shared it publically online or entered a contest with it, you may enter it.
- AMV must contain at least 70% anime, manga, or video game footage.
- AMVs containing footage released in HD/Blu-Ray format must be at least 720p. Older footage is permitted at a minimum of 480p.
- Entered AMVs should attempt to maintain a PG-13 or lower level of violence/nudity/vulgarity. If in doubt, send it in ASAP and we’ll let you know if it meets our guidelines.
Due April 30th, 2020 at 11:59 pm PDT
MP4s using H.264/AVC compression are preferred. However, we will also work with AVIs and MPEG2 files. Files larger than 300MB will not be downloaded, so PLEASE compress your work.
Fanime’s AMV contest wouldn’t be complete without great prizes. We’re offering $75 Amazon gift codes to every category winner, plus $100 Amazon gift codes to our Best in Show winners. Entrants are eligible for multiple prizes, so if you win multiple categories, you’re looking at a really big prize!
Prizes will be sent to winners who are not able to attend, but please try to make it to the awards ceremony if you’re in attendance! More details on the awards ceremony will be made available closer to the convention.
Videos containing all or a portion of another editor’s AMV or other unique creation (MAD, MMD, SFM, GMOD, etc.) will be disqualified and the submitter of said video will be permanently banned from all subsequent contests.
Judging & Use:
Videos will be prescreened and judged prior to the convention. The judges reserve the right to move a video to another category if they feel it would be a better fit.
FanimeCon reserves the right to use submitted AMVs during the 2020 convention and future FanimeCon conventions, regardless of Finalist status.
Competing AMVs and their submission form are due by April 30, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. PDT.
Please go to our submission form, fill out the form and provide a download link to your video. Streaming sites are not accepted (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo). If you need hosting, we suggest Google Drive or a-m-v.org’s local server.
If you want to submit more than one entry, please use the form multiple times.
We will be contacting entrants after reviewing their entries. Once a video has been cleared to compete, editors will be notified. If a problem is discovered, the editor in question will be alerted and given an opportunity to fix it. Another notification will go out closer to the convention with a list of finalist editors and priority editor seating information.
Please contact us if you need/want to replace an entry with a new one or need to give us an updated download link via e-mail at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.