Looking for information about schedule changes at FanimeCon? Trying to find out how to get from point A to point B in the San Jose Convention Center? Just have a random question or pondering? Do inquiring minds want to know? The answers to all this and more can be found at your friendly FanimeCon Info Desk! You can find us located throughout the convention center, or you can look for walking Info Desk representatives in even more places! You will be greeted with a friendly face and the answer to your question. When you don’t know, go ask Info!
Lost & Found
Lost & Found is just that — where to go to look for or turn in a lost precious. If you’ve found someone’s lost precious, please bring it to us and we’ll hold it for them. If you’ve lost your precious, come by and describe it to us — hopefully someone else has already given it to us.
To contact Lost & Found, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fan Storage allows all of our attendees to store items, for a small fee, whether they will be staying in the hotels or not.
What is the Fan Storage department?
Hotel checks tend to fill up quickly and are unable to typically handle the load of bags, especially on Monday (which is when nearly all of our attendees check out). This puts each hotel in a tough spot as they can (and have) run out of room very quickly so we are offering to help them and you out!
Where can I find the fan storage room?
The Fan Storage room is located in the Hilton Market Room, on the first floor of the Hilton Hotel right next to the Affinity Restaurant & Bar. There will be signs in front of the room as well to help guide the way (it is also listed on the map and you can also ask one of our many Info Desks).
What are the hours for the item check room?
The room opens Friday at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until Monday 3:30 p.m.
Is there a cost to hold items?
Yes. Please see the pricing table below.
$2 – A coat or similar item that is on a hanger
$3 – A small to medium bag (purse to backpack)
$5 – Anything larger than a medium bag (large bag, item, luggage, oversized props, etc.)
This year we are also offering the option of Flat rate boxes. Flat rate boxes are an option that lets fans “rent” out a box that they only have to pay $5.00 once for, and are allowed to put as many things into it, as long as it fits into the box without sticking over the top. All items may have one free in & out privilege.
Disclaimer and Fine Print
FanimeCon’s Check Department will be on first come first served basis and if we get filled to capacity we will be unable to take in more items until some of the older ones are picked up. There are no in & out privileges. If you request to get an item out of a bag there will be a charge to put it back in storage. There is no time limit, but the charge is per day of storage. We will offer a one hour grace period in the morning to pick up items that were accidentally forgotten or unable to be retrieved the night before without incurring additional charges.
The Rovers are responsible for customer service and safety at FanimeCon. They are found throughout the convention helping FanimeCon Members, and ensuring that the convention is as fun, and safe, as possible. Rovers have a lot of responsibilities, but can often be found doing the following:
- General Safety: Preventing unsafe behavior and activities such as running, blocking doorways, etc. Dealing with unsafe situations (spills, facility issues, etc) as efficiently as possible.
- Peace-Bonding: Tagging props which are compliant with FanimeCon’s Weapons Policy.
- Line and Crowd Control: Ensuring that crowds stay orderly, and that lines flow. Keeping walkways, exits, fire safety equipment, and the like clear.
- Access Control: Checking IDs for age-controlled events, and verifying credentials for restricted areas.
- Escort Duties: Providing safety escorts for staff and members as needed or requested.
- Policy Compliance: Enforcing the Weapons Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Rovers are also equipped to assist with emergencies, harassment, or missing persons. Rovers are the fastest and most efficient way to verify situations and inform the proper authorities or service personnel.
If you have an issue which you believe requires Rovers assistance, find the nearest Rover and we will do our best to help you.