Looking for information about schedule changes at FanimeCon? Trying to find out how to get from point A to point B in the San Jose Convention Center? Just have a random question or pondering? Do inquiring minds want to know? The answers to all this and more can be found at your friendly FanimeCon Info Desk! You can find us located throughout the convention center, or you can look for walking Info Desk representatives in even more places! You will be greeted with a friendly face and the answer to your question. When you don’t know, go ask Info!
Lost & Found
Lost & Found is just that — where to go to look for or turn in a lost precious. If you’ve found someone’s lost precious, please bring it to us and we’ll hold it for them. If you’ve lost your precious, come by and describe it to us — hopefully someone else has already given it to us.
To contact Lost & Found, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rovers are responsible for customer service and safety at FanimeCon. They are found throughout the convention helping FanimeCon Members, and ensuring that the convention is as fun, and safe, as possible. Rovers have a lot of responsibilities, but can often be found doing the following:
- General Safety: Preventing unsafe behavior and activities such as running, blocking doorways, etc. Dealing with unsafe situations (spills, facility issues, etc) as efficiently as possible.
- Peace-Bonding: Tagging props which are compliant with FanimeCon’s Weapons Policy.
- Line and Crowd Control: Ensuring that crowds stay orderly, and that lines flow. Keeping walkways, exits, fire safety equipment, and the like clear.
- Access Control: Checking IDs for age-controlled events, and verifying credentials for restricted areas.
- Escort Duties: Providing safety escorts for staff and members as needed or requested.
- Policy Compliance: Enforcing the Weapons Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Rovers are also equipped to assist with emergencies, harassment, or missing persons. Rovers are the fastest and most efficient way to verify situations and inform the proper authorities or service personnel.
If you have an issue which you believe requires Rovers assistance, find the nearest Rover and we will do our best to help you.