The FanimeCon Member Code of Conduct
Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances, and regulations at all times. Officers of the San Jose Police Department are on site. Laws include, but are not limited to the following:
- No disorderly conduct such as loitering, public intoxication, indecent exposure, begging, or soliciting.
- No selling weapons or serving alcohol to minors.
- No smoking inside any public buildings; this includes E-Cigarettes and Vaporizers. No smoking within 25 feet of any entrances.
Please respect the facilities. The San Jose Convention Center & Cultural Facilities and surrounding hotels have been gracious enough to host FanimeCon for many years, and we would like to keep coming back. Please leave the facilities and equipment in at least as good a condition as you found them.
- All aisles, exits, fire safety devices, and concession stands must be kept clean, clear, visible, and unobstructed at all times.
- Do not tape, tack, staple, nail, or otherwise affix anything to any wall or surface in San Jose Convention Center & Cultural Facilities. This includes doors, panels, columns, and other portions of the facilities.
- Glitter, gum, confetti, balloons, stickers, and door or window decals may not be used, distributed, or affixed inside the facilities.
- The white courtesy phones are for contacting emergency services or convention center personnel only. They are not equipped to provide outside telephone service.
- No outside food or drink may be sold or distributed on the premises without prior permission, licenses, permits, and insurance.
- No pets are allowed inside Convention Center space*. We follow the ADA Guidelines for what constitutes a Service Dog. A Service Dog must be trained to aid someone with a disability.
- Only people with disabilities or prior approval may use transportation devices indoors.
- No skateboards, bicycles, or roller-blades are allowed indoors or in the Convention Center Entry Plaza.
- You are not allowed to operate any remote controlled devices within Convention Center space*. This includes drones which fly, float, or drive.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
Please be respectful and courteous of everybody around you. This includes Guests of Honor, convention and hotel personnel, FanimeCon staff, and fellow members.
- Due to the large number of FanimeCon members, please move carefully. Do not obstruct the flow of traffic, be conscientious with props, and do not run indoors.
- Please request autographs only during designated autograph sessions. Unless exceptions have been announced ahead of time, please limit requests to one autograph per person per guest.
- Do not harass, threaten, bully, stalk, or mob people. Please do not hug or glomp without permission. Respect other people’s personal space.
- Cosplay is not consent.
In addition to the above, FanimeCon has the following rules:
- FanimeCon Badges are property of FanimeCon, and are loaned to Members for their exclusive use and enjoyment. Memberships (and therefore Badges) are non-transferable. Badges may not be modified, tampered with, or copied in any way. Badges must be worn in plain sight while on premises.
- Badges may be revoked at any time by qualified staff members. Membership and access to events will be revoked with a pulled badge.
- Please do not carry signs that solicit any service or object for price (ex: “Will Glomp for $.01”), have any profanity, or which are not part of a cosplay.
- FanimeCon is a dry convention. No alcohol or drugs are allowed on premises. No drunkenness or other intoxication will be tolerated in convention areas.
- Please do not move or tamper with furniture or equipment, including gaming equipment. Doing so may result in damage to the equipment or injury to yourself. If you think something should be moved, or needs repair, please inform Convention Operations staff.
- Please do not use any of the electrical outlets in the convention center except in designated areas.
- Please comply with the FanimeCon Costume & Props Policy, read it carefully and abide by its rules. Get all props peace-bonded as soon as possible, and do not brandish or use them at any time.
- Certain items are not allowed on premises: laser pointers, fog machines, strobe lights, megaphones, and other noise-making items. Items may be added to this list by FanimeCon at any time.
* Convention Center Space & Cultural Facilities includes, but are not limited to, the San Jose Convention Center, Civic Center, Parkside Hall, and Fairmont.
FanimeCon reserves the right to modify the Code of Conduct at any time.