Idris’ Closet’s Hop to the Top: Origami Frog Game is back again this year, with brand new prizes! Come by Idris’ Closet for details and have your attendee badge ready to enter the giveaway! No purchases or donations are necessary to enter the giveaway. Additional ticket opportunities offered daily! Donations and purchases will not improve your chances of winning.
‼️Con is just around the corner!‼️
In order to pick up your badge, please make sure you have these three items for each person in your party:
- Photo I.D.
- Please make sure the name on your I.D. matches the name on your proof of vaccination.
- In the case of legal name changes where the name on the I.D. and the name on the vaccination records no longer match, you will need to bring another form of identification that links you to the proof of vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination
- We will accept physical or digital vaccination cards so long as we can see that:
- the name on the card matches your I.D. and
- you are fully vaccinated and boosted per FanimeCon’s COVID-19 policy (https://www.fanime.com/news/covid-19-vaccination-policy/).
- For those vaccinated outside of the United States, FanimeCon will only be accepting vaccinations approved by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#covid-vaccines).
- Medical and personal exemptions, or a negative COVID-19 test, will NOT be accepted in lieu of vaccination.
- We will accept physical or digital vaccination cards so long as we can see that:
- Face Mask
- We will require all attendees, guests, and staff to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth in all FanimeCon indoor event spaces.
- Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking; the mask must be worn between bites, sips, and taking medication.
- For cosplayers with large helmets/cosplay masks, a mask must be worn underneath the cosplay.
- We strongly recommend choosing a mask based on the CDC mask guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html).
For more information please refer to our COVID-19 Policy: https://www.fanime.com/news/covid-19-vaccination-policy/
Thanks for helping us keep our community safe!
Each year, the FanimeCon Masquerade holds a cosplay contest featuring astounding cosplay, performances, and dance routines inspired by anime and manga as well as Asian films, video games, music stars, and more! The Masquerade is open to all FanimeCon attendees. Contestants can compete for cash and make a name for themselves in the competitive world of cosplay!
Online Masquerade Contestant Application
(Opens March 4, 2023, at 12:00 pm PST)
Introducing our Masquerade Judges
The Wig Doctor entered the cosplay scene in 2004 and fell in love instantly. That love eventually turned into opportunities to work as a professional wig stylist for theater, private collections, and Epic Cosplay Wigs. The Wig Doctor can usually be found wherever there is a costume repair station, happily passing on her knowledge and bringing wigs back from the dead. She’s very excited to be judging at FanimeCon this year!
A costumer for over 10 years, Lisa Levy A.K.A. Gone Batty Cosplay is excited to be providing craftsmanship judging for the FanimeCon 2023 Masquerade. From kimonos to armor, and full face makeup to full size wings she has skills in multiple facets of cosplay production. Lisa has been writing cosplay craftsmanship spotlights for The Geekly Grind since 2019. She is just batty about cosplay!
MaybeBabyCosplay is a Southern Californian cosplay duo with over a decade of costume making and competition experience. Self-taught in sewing, wig styling and prop making, they’re hyped for the return of the FanimeCon Masquerade!
Stage Zero is now taking applications to perform for FanimeCon 2023! There’s space for all sorts of performances at Stage Zero, from dancing, musical performances, demonstrations, and more!
IMPORTANT: Stage Zero performers must be registered attendees or staff of FanimeCon 2023. Due to this year’s COVID-19 protocols, we will not be escorting performers who are unregistered to and from the stage. All performers will need to register for a FanimeCon 2023 badge.
Applications are due March 31, 2023. Check our page for more information!
Get ready, hotel registration for FanimeCon 2023 is about to begin!
Starting on January 26th, e-mails will be sent out to individuals on the Priority Hotel Registration Block, based on when they registered. Those who have rolled over their registration from a previous year will also be included.
The Priority Hotel Registration Block starts on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 – the exact date and time will be specified in the email from CMR.
The normal Hotel Registration Block starts on Friday, February 3rd, 2023 at 4 PM. The link will be posted on our website as well as the main social media accounts.
Please have everything that you would need ready beforehand because hotel space will run out fast. You may contact CMR if you want to be added to the waitlist for any hotel.
We are happy to announce the 2023 FanimeCon Open House!
At the Open House, we will pull back the curtain to show you how we make FanimeCon happen with an all-volunteer roster. Meet our dedicated staff, learn how we do what we do, and win some prizes too!
Hang out with us as we show you what it takes to put together FanimeCon – and how you can join our FanimeCon family.
(You can also join us now via apply.fanime.com and meet us on the day!)
The Open House will be held at the Guildhouse at 420 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113 on Sunday, February 5, 2023 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
See you there!
We’re super excited that the FanimeCon 2022 schedule is now live! Check out all our events for 2022 at grid.fanime.com.
Due to the unique planning challenges this year, FanimeCon 2022 will not be a 24 hour event. We hope to return to our usual hours in 2023. Our modified hours are:
- Thursday May 26 (Day 0): 6:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Friday May 27 (Day 1): 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Saturday May 28 (Day 2): 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Sunday May 29 (Day 3): 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Monday May 30 (Day 4): 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Some events will not be in their usual rooms. A few events affected by this include Maid Cafe, all Panel Rooms, and Manga Lounge.
The following events or departments are sleeping for 2022, meaning they are not occurring or putting on events. We’re looking forward to their return in 2023!
- Asano Taiko USA
- Cosplay Chess
- Cosplay Workshop panels
- Fanime Music Videos (FMV)
- Fan Storage
- Fan Events
- Indie Video Games
- Meet the Guests
- MusicFest (But we still have a mini virtual MusicFest with Guest of Honor & 2.5D Musical Superstar Keisuke Ueda, who will be joining us for a virtual panel!)
- Masquerade/Cosplay Contest
- Silver Island
- Swap Meet
- Speed Painting
Please note that these events will be operating under a limited capacity:
- Info Desk (There is only one desk this year located in the SJCC near Stage Zero)
- Cosplay Gathering (All gatherings will be outdoors)
- Dance (Only one room this year in the SJCC Room 230)
- Lost & Found (Limited hours, located in ConOps at the Hilton San Carlos)
Despite these changes, we are happy to unveil a brand new department operating this 2022: J-Fashion! They will have two fashion shows, a trunk show, and lots of panels and events so please check them out!
While there are a lot of changes this year, there’s still a smorgasbord of things to see and do this year including: four panel tracks, all the events at Stage Zero, tons of exciting tournaments on our SAGE Stage, Artist Alley, Dealer’s Hall, Maid Cafe, the Black & White Ball, Karaoke, Speed Dating, our Charity Auction for the Make-A-Wish® Greater Bay Area, and so much more. This is the perfect year to try new things and make all kinds of new memories at FanimeCon 2022!
See you soon!
This page is now outdated. Please see https://www.fanime.com/news/covid-19-vaccination-policy
Calling all Artists!
Sharpen your pencils and shuffle those portfolios! It’s that time of year again!
Account Creation for FanimeCon’s 2022 Artist Alley has begun!
Account creation allows prospective Artist Alley applicants the opportunity to prepare their account and portfolio before we accept submissions.
This feature will be open for a week before application submissions, starting TODAY. Applications will be accepted from January 30th, 8:00 am (PDT) through January 31st 8:00pm (PDT).
Artist Alley Staff has prepared some helpful hints and tips as you create your account to help you prepare your application for submission. While you do not have to create an account in advance, we highly recommend taking advantage of it to best prepare!
Create your account here now!
For the latest information on FanimeCon Artist Alley, stay up to date on the FanimeCon Facebook and Twitter, and if you have any questions, you can check out the FAQ or email us at email@example.com.